Wednesday 14 September 2016

Epilogue - Absent Friends

Thanks for the comments, likes and corrections of spellering.

Sailing is a social activity. There's advice, encouragement, a few drinks, good food and new friends. It's not scary being in storm or hoisting someone up the mast or repairing the sail, they are occasions not the norm, mostly it's time with good people in fantastic locations.

On this trip we have enjoyed "beer o'clock" the Chiefs daily reward for crewing.

You can't cook that! Mmm that was good.

No no no we should do this or this is better.

Fondest thoughts and my best wishes to Crew of the Catamaran R5 September 2016.

Chief "Zulu" Chris who's always wanted a boat now hes got the fantastic catamaran R5. I hope he and his family enjoy this for many years. Thanks for the chance to crew the awesome R5.

Fabio who's left the world of IT 3 years ago to become a professional sailor and Yacht Master. You taught me alot. He shown me that I can to cook Italian, well in a fashion. I know he will get his new life.

Fran who's  bad eye took him of the crew rosta early. His cooking was great and the New York Mess a masterpiece of boat desert making. I hope he gets all the adventures at sea he wants.

This trip, adventure was possible with the support and love of my wife Jane. Simply thank you. Next time she will be there at the helm.

No comments:

Post a Comment